Sunday, November 10, 2013

Lost Then Found

I always seem to be missing something of importance... Maybe that's because I'm always busy? But as usual I lost my phone on the Trax train. Oh Great... :( There goes all my contacts and private information that I would prefer no one else get there hands on. As I waited and worried for the train operator to return it to the lost and found office I realized something, this is exactly how our Heavenly Father feels when we are "lost" among the worldly things. He patiently waits and worries until eventually they return to there righteous place. Of course it's silly to compare a worldly cell phone to someone important that is cared about much more then a cell phone. But I couldn't help but understand slightly how much our Heavenly Father does love each and every one of us, individually!

"Now, if for any reason you individually or as a family have lost your way, then you need only apply the Savior’s teachings from Luke, chapter 15, to correct your course. Here the Savior tells of the effort of a shepherd searching for his lost sheep, of a woman searching for a lost coin, and of the welcome received by the prodigal son returning home. Why did Jesus teach these parables? He wanted us to know that none of us will ever be so lost that we cannot find our way again through His Atonement and His teachings." 
-Elder Russel M Ballard

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/04/that-the-lost-may-be-found?lang=eng&query=lost


I am grateful for the small moments when I am reminded of the love that my Heavenly Father shows me!



No comments:

Post a Comment